WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DI.FM is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a temp-to-perm position in the Technology group.
This is a full-time position with a thriving music company... Also, you get to work from home.
We're looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and pitching in in a variety of ways. Ideally, you've had experience leading a team, and enjoy the technology side of DevOps as well. You've consistently shown success in DevOps, regardless of whether you function on your own or as part of a team. You're a strong communicator and can tailor your message to your audience - whether they talk-tech or not.
- Act as a strong technical voice within the DevOps department, working closely with the Team Leader to enhance and improve the company’s application deployments, networks, and infrastructure.
- Contribute to design and on-going maintenance of both local and public networks.
- Develop and maintain custom build and deployment procedures/tools to support our products and engineering needs.
- Manage incoming triage and ad-hoc requests from internal sources, providing technical support by completing or delegating work to the best team member for the job.
- Manage performance tuning, troubleshooting, and resolution of server/network issues.
- Work closely with the engineering team for capacity and architecture planning.
- Explore new technologies and software to improve efficiency and maximize performance.
- Manage and maintain existing systems infrastructure (Ubuntu/CentOS).
- Be accountable and manage your own time; we don't watch the clock, we just want kick-ass work.
- 5+ years' experience managing infrastructure builds and app deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration, including high-availability architecture.
- Experience managing routers and switches from Cisco and F5 (Big-IP)
- Experience with automation techniques/technologies (continuous integration and deployment).
- Competence with MySQL tuning and administration (Percona XtraDB, HA Clustering).
- Management of NGINX Reverse Proxies/Load Balancers.
- Pro scripting skills (bash, sed, awk, python, ruby, go, perl – some kind, any kind).
- Passion for music.
Required Personal Attributes
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to shift focus easily.
- Comfortable managing competing priorities.
Desirable (but not required) Skills
- Experience leading a devops or IT team.
- Working knowledge of Ruby/Rails & Golang.
- Proficiency with configuration management with Ansible.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional project management expertise.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment.
- Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver kick-ass results.
Salary is determined based on your qualifications; if you are one of our ideal candidates let’s talk about how to make this the perfect job for you.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs