WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The GitHub Ops team is looking for a Network Engineer to help manage our quickly growing infrastructure.
In order to be successful, you should have most of the following skills and experiences:
- Deep knowledge of fundamental networking concepts in switching and routing. In particular, a strong grasp of routing protocols like OSPF and BGP is essential
- Experience managing a public facing BGP network with multiple providers
- Familiarity with Linux system administration concepts. You should be comfortable logging into a system, inspecting its network configuration, and doing packet captures on interfaces to gather troubleshooting information
- Software development experience. We aren't necessarily looking for a full time developer, but you should enjoy building automation and monitoring tools from scratch as necessary
- Understanding of the concepts and approaches used to handle DDoS attacks
Specific knowledge of the following is helpful but not required:
- Experience working with Arista Networks, Juniper Networks, and Arbor Networks products
You should be excited about:
- Automating everything and removing the need to login to network devices for routine work
- Working as integral part of the GitHub Operations Team to support GitHub.com
- Working with our customers to troubleshoot strange and wonderful connectivity problems
- Designing and building an ever expanding infrastructure to support operations across multiple datacenters around the world
- Enabling the GitHub development teams to deliver new products quickly and safely by providing a fast, secure, and flexible network
- Building networks from first principles rather than reference architecture designs
- The latest trends in networking. You should be able keeping an eye on and be able to talk intelligently about developments in areas like SDN, network automation, and merchant silicon
GitHub is the world’s largest open source community. We’re profitable and growing with a unique perspective on how to run a company. We have great benefits, and a safe, open work environment.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs