Location of this job is Tucson, AZ, Goshen, IN, or Remote.
What is Haiku Learning?
Haiku Learning is about community, and that includes our company’s community of creators, evangelists and visionaries. We are a education technology company that is fascinated by the technology, but even more passionate about making tools that transform learning.
Why Haiku Learning is one of the best places to work on the planet:
- You get to build learning spaces that change lives.
- You get to work with teachers and education technologists - some of the smartest, most amazing people from the leading schools and educational programs in the world.
- Your job goes where you want to live. Don’t relocate on our account.
- You have the flexibility to live your life. We know you have hobbies, interests, and families. We want you to love what you do, but not live what you do.
If you like people, are passionate about education, and want to build the learning spaces of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. Please don't send us resumes with long lists of technologies. We don’t care about certifications. We want to know how you are brilliant, one-of-a-kind, and amazing.
Senior Software Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Propose innovative design or alternative solutions to meet the technical requirements while ensuring that the solution remains flexible and scalable.
- Collaborate with the broad development team to successfully implement the development processes, coding best practices, code reviews and improvement of our internal tools.
- Communicate & collaborate with product team members on specific projects to help establish accurate estimates of project completion & so that people outside your team know the project status.
- Work with project managers, internal customers, and other developers to gather feedback and plan, design and execute the best product UX for our customers.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments, and introduce new frameworks, toolkits and architectures.
Product Teams and Development
- Serve as internal customer for select development projects
- Participate in Product Teams as appropriate
- Oversee Special Projects (e.g. Embed the Web Library, LTI Library, other)
- Attend weekly Product meetings.
- Be available and responsive to our internal support team via chat, video and email (during working hours).
- Let others in the company know of your availability by updating your work calendar and chat status.
- Accurately record your work and vacation hours.
- Enjoy yourself & be passionate about what you do.
If you’re interested, send us:
- Why you want to work for Haiku Learning
- Proof of your abilities
- Stories, links, and so on -- something that conveys your competence
- A resume, if you want