WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Mozilla is a global non-profit dedicated to putting the user in control of their online experience and shaping the future of the Web and the mobile ecosystem for the public good. Our purpose, our passion and our global community of dedicated paid and volunteer staff allow us to compete head-to-head with some of the world's largest technology companies. This is a place like no other, and we attract those who want to make a positive difference in the world. If you've been looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that's on the front lines, fighting for the public good and driving a hard-hitting developer program for a global product line with hundreds of million users, then this is an opportunity you should explore.
In this role, you are responsible for delivering high quality and scalable code for the front-end and back-end of dynamic web applications.
Possible locations for this position are remote or in one of our regional
offices (list at http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/contact.html).
- Be self-motivated, capable of managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision
- Gracefully give, receive and act on feedback and code reviews
- Communicate positively with the Mozilla community
- Be able to adapt and solve problems with new technologies
- Write tests, documentation and invest time towards the maintainability of your work
- Take pride in writing reusable, readable and pragmatic code (our code is open source)
- Keep current on developing technologies and showcase them in your work
- Provide accurate time estimates for engineering tasks and articulating progress and milestones
- Sketch diagrams and visualizations for your technical solutions
- Understand web application scalability and performance
- Identify and prevent a wide array of security vulnerabilities
- Using good judgement on when and how to escalate issues
Job Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong grasp of programming fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming
- Experience with revision control systems (git preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management, and other teams
- Passion, drive, determination and a demeanor that encourages and elicits collaboration
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team
- Experience with Django and jQuery
- Experience with localization and global communities
- Payments integration or ecommerce knowledge
- Time spent working on high-traffic web applications
- Experience with open source software projects and communities
This is an opportunity to do highly visible work with a strong team and help
millions of users by making the Web a better place.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Remote or any of our global offices
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs