Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. Your mission will be to drive the quality of our mobile and web apps and services to the next level, while improving our process.
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
- Institute, lead and scale the Waldo’s QA department.
- Formulate test requirements, define and implement test process, create test plans.
- Create and execute test plans and scenarios, define regression checklists, report bugs, track, and verify their resolution.
- Help the dev team reproducing and isolating complex issues.
- Setup, configure, and maintain all test environments and tools, needed to successfully accomplish your mission.
- Leverage production data to test how our systems perform in the real world
- Promote best practices for creating and maintaining high-quality software
- 4+ years of experience in software QA with at least 2 years using automated testing for both web and mobile platforms
- Strong engineering background, have written apps and scripts, which were deployed to the actual users or integrated into production systems.
- Reliable, detail and results oriented.
- You communicate well. Your writing is clear and concise, you listen, and you speak up when you sense that there might be a problem or you need help.
- Expert user of Linux, OSX, Android, and iOS.
- Prepared and excited to work on your own with minimal supervision.
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Competitive benefits
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $40,000 - $60,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%