Whether you're developing the back end infrastructure for a single app or a large-scale distributed system you'll be thinking big, because the only place our clients go is up. Whether it’s in the cloud, on-premises, or somewhere in between, you'll spend as much time staying ahead of the technology knowledge curve as serving it up to our clients, using the very latest in in computing systems to serve hockey-stick growth with no bumps in the night.
Element 84 is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience to support multiple projects, ranging from Earth science data to video streaming. This engineer will be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with, and advising our development teams. The ideal candidate would have experience deploying enterprise software within AWS Services, including: RDS, EC2, Elastic Load Balancers, Cloud Formation, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, multiregions, and API Gateway. Please submit your information and cover letter if you are interested in this permanent position in Alexandria, VA, remote OK, onsite preferred.
- Working experience with serverless technologies in AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure, or other widely used Cloud Platform.
- Willingness to support 24x7 operations (with help, of course!) as needed
- 5+ years of experience working in software development, 3+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (Nagios, New Relic, Splunk, ELK, Cloud Watch, etc.)
- Strong experience with SQL and/or NoSQL
- Strong experience with Linux environments
- Working understanding of container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with web server technologies (Nginx, Puma, Unicorn, and/or Tomcat)
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship. No H-1B, C2C
- In this role, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Implement automation framework and tests
- Consult with and advise development teams on DevOps best practices and recommend solutions
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Maintain and support infrastructure for all environments. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments
- Experience with web security
- PCI or HIPAA experience
- Experience with build and deployment automation (Bamboo, TeamCity, and/or Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Ability to clearly document and communicate architectural concepts at multiple levels
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
Paying attention to who we are -- as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is probably the biggest part of who we are. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
- You’ll get credit when things go right and we’ll have your back when things go wrong.
- We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say.
- We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
Plus, a little happiness where you work too -- cinema displays, an award-winning candy bowl, amazing restaurants, and a brand new office. We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that’s you.