Paved, headquartered in New York City, matches engaged newsletter audiences with relevant advertisers. We have some of the largest brands in the world using our platform to reach targeted audiences.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, smart, ambitious Full Stack Developer with a passion for pixel perfect front end code, to help add new features and grow our platform.
As an early member of the team you will have a direct and immediate influence on the technology choices, data architecture, and scalability of the platform. You will be building on a strong foundation - our total audience size is now over 70 million and we have enabled our advertisers to reach millions of people.
The ideal candidate is motivated by delivering high quality experiences, can work supremely well in a team context but can also function with some ambiguity, and cares a lot about learning, growth, and moving the needle.
You will be joining a fully remote team, so strong written communication skills and self-motivation are a must, as is the desire to continually improve our development processes.
- Write code that is simple, reliable, maintainable, performant, functional, and compatible across devices and browsers
- Debug issues reported in our production environment.
- Succinctly communicate complex problems and proposed solutions, in writing, and in conversation.
- Write flawless, testable, and efficient frontend code.
- A passion for championing UX and innovation.
- Understand requirements, discuss trade-offs, and collaborate on the best approach to solving a problem.
- Provide level of effort estimates and specifications for upcoming project tasks.
- Applied experience with Ruby on Rails at intermediate to master level.
- 2+ years front-end application development.
- Know SQL, Git, and working with APIs.
- Have conviction around integration unit testing.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and focus on quality and scale.
- You’re a great communicator, writer, and problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- You're well organized, detail-orientated, and self-driven.
- You're excited by working on a small, collaborative, innovative team and recognize that success for any product is ultimately measured by the success of the product’s customers.
- You are a gifted multi-tasker who can wear multiple hats.