Our DevOps Engineer will own the site reliability, capacity planning and infrastructure for all of Nomis’s hosting platform. This is a critical role that requires a high degree of technical mastery to ensure the quality of our customer experience. In this role you will manage our hosting platform, third party services, build & release strategy and the monitoring, alarming and metrics reporting systems. The Team you will be on will deliver our next generation of continuous integration solutions and manage scaling for our rapidly growing business. This is a highly technical, hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor. This team is committed to delivering the highest systems uptime and operations transparency. The global team provides a matrix approach to 24x7 infrastructure engineering and support services.
Who We Are & What We Build
We have brilliant people using cutting-edge technology and complex analytics to help banks deliver win-win products and pricing in an environment that is increasingly competitive and highly disruptive. In over 75 implementations, Nomis customers are on track to optimize $1 trillion in banking transactions and generate $1 billion in incremental profits.
Who You Are
Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup - but desire the stability of a stable and a growing company? Do you get excited by problems that are in terabytes rather than megabytes? Would you like to be able to take smart risks - and know your leaders will provide you with air cover when experiencing the occasional failures?
- Manage and are responsible for the upkeep of Nomis's infrastructure.
- Responsible for meeting performance and availability SLA targets.
- Contribute in the DevOps team to maintain and build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS and CenturyLink platforms.
- Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 99.9% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments for the engineering organization.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Drive the process in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases.
- Handle capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning, performance and scaling of the application infrastructure.
- Manage vendor relationships and budgets for third party hosting services.
- Develop high-level design interaction diagrams, system functionality changes, data model, data flow, high-level interface specifications.
- Help ensure information security best practices for all our hosting environments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of exposure to setting-up and configuring AWS services to best practices
- Rich Operations skills across; build and release management, Continuous Integration tools and frameworks such as, Git, Ant, Maven, etc
- Deep expertise with LAMP stack, and scripting experience in Shell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy or Python
- Good understanding of standard networking protocols (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, ICMP, NTP)
- Understanding of relational & NoSQL data stores, such as MongoDB, CouchDB etc
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with infrastructure security is a huge plus
- AWS Experience: CLI knowledge, IAM policies and roles, EC2, Snapshot management, AMI management, S3 Bucket Policies.
- AWS Experience (Pluses): Cloudformation, Codedeploy, SDK, Lambda.
- Experience with Jenkins in triggering parameterized jobs in a pipeline, familiarity with multiple plugins.
- Puppet configuration management including R10K and hiera experience.
- Experience with eyaml or any other hiera backend a plus.
- Experience working daily with git, creating branches, tags, merging. Bitbucket and setting up hooks a plus.
- Must have at least experience with BASH and any other scripting language like Perl, python (NodeJS or Java experience a plus)
- Must have experience with TCP networking protocols.
- Experience with popular linux distributions, including tuning and debugging multiple services. (JBoss and MySQL experience in linux a plus)
- Experience with Atlassian products, LDAP, key management a plus.
We are considering remote candidates who can work PST hours.