Kyako is seeking a Customer Advocate to join our Customer Support team. We have offices in Gurgaon and London, but you’re welcome to work from anywhere with an internet connection!
Kayako is one of the leading customer service platforms, used by more than 30,000 organizations to deliver a better customer experience to millions of customers. We believe that customer support is more than just answering questions - we directly impact business goals through providing feedback to our product team and driving customer success. Our support team is one of the main reasons for our success and we want to be role models for our customers.
We believe traditional help desk software prevents great customer experiences by depersonalizing customers and disempowering teams. That’s why we built Kayako, the unified customer service platform, to help teams work better together to deliver better, personalized and memorable experiences to their customers at scale.
As the flag-bearer of the next level of customer experience in the industry, we are looking for someone who is not deterred by the road blocks and instead enjoys the challenge and keeps moving forward. Someone who doesn’t believe in following the herd. Someone who is proactive and enthusiastic, passionate, super friendly, well-spoken and energetic. A good sense of humor is also always a plus.
You'll love this role if you get your kicks by helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
Responsibilities and goals you’ll own:
- Respond to and resolve customer queries through chat, email and the community forum quickly and effectively.
- Educate and empower our customers to get better at customer support through Kayako
- Become an expert on Kayako features and capabilities
- Drive our Voice of the Customer program to advocate for the customer and improve Kayako through incorporating user feedback
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Help to develop the customer support profession through sharing knowledge, contributing to blog posts, experimenting with new innovations and discussing best practices.
- Assist in creating first-class Help Center documentation
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
Who will love this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You are energised by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There’s always a better way.
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side.
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong).
- You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Experience and requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems logically and critically
- 1+ years in online customer support, preferable supporting a SaaS product
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of the internet and technical concepts (eg. you understand the terms HTML, browser and cache)
Reasons why you’ll love working at Kayako
- Stock options - we want everyone to be invested in the success of their work.
- Unlimited PTO - take time off as you need it.
- Pension - we’ll contribute to your pension so you can plan for the future.
- Private health insurance package - including a 50% discount gym membership, because we want to be and stay healthy.
- Choose your own gear - we want you to have all the tools you need to do the work best.
- Flexible working hours - we love spending time in the office together and think we’re at our best in-person, but we’re realistic and flexible about it.
- Family friendly - we operate a childcare vouchers scheme for all our employees.
- Monthly on-site massage - yes, we have someone come in once a month. No, it’s not weird.
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry - keeping you going. Standard.
- Weekly craft beers and wines - every Friday. No reason or explanation needed. And we won’t judge you if you wanted to start on Thursday, either.
- Weekly fruit delivery - to compensate for the weekly beers.
- Weekly team lunches - because we like food, and we love bonding over it.
- Regular learning opportunities - from Lunch n’ Learns to opportunities to attend the best industry events, we want you to grow in every way possible.
Equal opportunities (it is boilerplate, but we believe it)
Kayako is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
We've brought customer service a long way. We started out with an ambitious goal: a better online customer support experience. Today, tens of thousands of businesses deliver better, personal customer service to millions of customers using Kayako. We are on a mission to completely revolutionize the way businesses support and build relationships with their customers. Why do we care? Because life's too short for bad customer service. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line.