Who is Zoomi?
Zoomi is the only AI-informed learning analytics company. With Artificial Intelligence that uses more than 250 proprietary algorithms, Zoomi enhances knowledge transfer, improves engagement, and allows predictive and prescriptive insights into business outcomes.
Zoomi is in the process of creating a highly professional engineering team that is accountable to each other, is respectful to all, and can enjoy our mutual love and interest in technology.
What you’ll do
Zoomi’s platform is deployed in the Amazon Cloud (AWS). The DevOps Lead will be the point person for packaging, deployments, automation, monitoring, and test integration with the goal of moving our environment towards Continuous Integration. As the DevOps Lead, you will report to the SVP of R&D and be involved with all aspects of the platform; leading the DevOps team, selecting tools, working with the engineering and QA teams, and communicating goals and progress. This is a key position that will evolve in responsibility as Zoomi grows.
- Select and implement automation and CI tools in our AWS environment
- Manage Zoomi platform
- Lead a team that performs standard configuration, management, and maintenance tasks
- Work cross functionally with Development and QA.
- Lead a growing team of Automation Engineers
- Participate in daily SCRUM product/project meetings
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term scalability and reliability goals for Zoomi’s platform
- Participate in incident management and communications, including follow-up with problem resolution, post-mortem, and process improvement along with other leads
- Recommend improvements to our environment to ensure performance, up-time, and incident avoidance.
- Support application development teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Perform server/database transaction and security audits leading to identification and mitigation of security threats to enterprise data. Recommend and implement changes where necessary.
What your resume should have:
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in an AWS cloud environment
- 4+ years experience with Linux server systems
- Experience with monitoring tools and technologies (you will help to research and select monitoring tools)
- Network/systems management experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, networks, and clusters
- Hands on coding experience using Python, shell scripting, and other languages relevant to automation tools.
- Experience working with some configuration management, orchestration, and container technologies such as Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Docker, etc.
You’ll have a big leg up if:
- You have prior experience as a lead or manager
- You have experience with AWS services, such as VPC’s, Security Groups, EMR, Load Balancers (ELB/ALB), IAM, databases (Aurora, Dynamo), S3, etc
Experience deploying and migrating databases
- You’ve used AWS Directory Service and have integrated with a third-party SSO provider.
- You have relevant experience on other cloud-based multi-tier, big data platforms.
What we value:
Zoomi values teamwork, intelligence, creativeness, trustworthiness, accountability, professionalism, and a love for learning. At Zoomi we don’t have a hierarchy; we have a team with different job descriptions. We value and reward positive contributions. Our work environment is one where we work hard, pull together towards common goals, and enjoy our successes as a team.
Zoomi offers a competitive salary, health benefits, a 401(k), merit based equity, and the opportunity to contribute to a truly unique vision.
Please use ENG1020 when applying.