WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
SkyVerge is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and lead all marketing and communication efforts. We’ve grown over the past 3 years almost entirely by word of mouth and we believe it’s time to build on that success and accelerate our growth.
As the first member of our marketing team, you’ll be starting from a blank slate. You will be able to design and build our marketing efforts from the ground up. You might find this both really exciting and maybe a tiny bit terrifying; that’s a good thing™. The objective is simple: grow our total number of paying customers.To make this happen you’ll have a budget along with wide latitude and autonomy in your approach. You’ll work closely with our leadership team to develop ideas and then it’s up to you to execute.
Some of your responsibilities might include:
- Experiment with new marketing channels - Develop ideas for attracting new customers and retaining our existing ones. Measure and report the results so we can learn and run more experiments. Have you read Traction? It’ll help guide our efforts here.
- Iterate and Improve on our company and divisional brands - Make our branding more consistent across products and divisions, from websites to copy to design. Dream up swag that our customers will love.
- Gather feedback from customers - Work with our product teams to develop feedback loops that help us understand how to improve and market our products.
- Metrics - Determine the metrics that we should be tracking and implement the tools to collect that data.
- Build the marketing team and allocate budget - Make a case for the people (contract and/or full-time) and resources that you need to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written. This is a key requirement and you should demonstrate your ability in your application.
- Deep competency in marketing, both individually and as part of a team. You have a list of accomplishments and can share prior successes and failures, along with lessons learned.
- Self-directed and motivated. You’ll set your own work schedule and day-to-day objectives.
- Process driven and detail oriented. You love testing a hypothesis, measuring the effect, iterating based on the results, and automating/delegating for ongoing success.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work. You’ll own all marketing efforts and be responsible for both success and failure.
Nice to have
- Experience working remotely, either full-time remote work, freelancing, or consulting.
- Experience with eCommerce.
- Experience marketing software products, especially SaaS.
- Competitive salary with additional performance incentives for meeting team and company goals
- 25 days of paid time-off, in addition to 2 company holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for US and Canadian residents and their families (reimbursements for comparable care for non-US/Canadian residents)
- Retirement plan with company match
- The tools (hardware/software) you need to be successful
- Allowance for professional growth experiences, like conferences
- Home office or co-working allowance
- A Kindle to help you keep learning
SkyVerge builds products to help more than 15,000 merchants sell online. We’re an entirely remote team of 12, distributed across 4 continents and 6 countries. We’re self-funded, profitable, and care deeply about delivering the best products and the best support for our customers.
We have 3 divisions:
- WooCommerce - the largest 3rd party developer of WooCommerce extensions, with over 60 available for sale
- ShopStorm - we build and support some of the most popular apps available for Shopify
- Jilt - helps merchants recover lost sales from abandoned carts, available for WooCommerce, Shopify, and Easy Digital Downloads, with more platforms to come.
We support workplace diversity and don’t discriminate on any protected class. We believe that when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas we can build amazing things. You can read more about who you’ll be working with here.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
We Work Remotely
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs