A successful candidate will have experience in systems administration and software engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for continuously improving, enhancing, and managing the web infrastructure for our SaaS marketing platform. This is a great opportunity to join ion’s growing engineering team!
- Managing customer sites (create, deploy, move, remove)
- Scripting all the things with Powershell
- Windows Server management
- IIS management
- Work with Customer Success team to schedule customer downtime and provide insight into issues.
- Work with Contracts team to assist with security compliance and questionnaires for our current and prospective customers.
- Database configuration and tuning
- SSL certificate management
- Monitor platform status and issues
- Point of contact for hosting provider
- Work with the MarTech team to triage and troubleshoot platform issues; ensure reliability and site uptime by working with our software development team
- Identify opportunities for and implement increased automation
- Support current continuous integration system
- Enhancements and updates to platform and infrastructure applications.
- Manage IDS (Intrusion Detection System) to mitigate threats to our platform.
Skills and Requirements
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience in a systems administration, SRE or DevOps role
- Microsoft SQL Server administration, optimization and programming
- Knowledge of IIS, Powershell, Windows Server
- Knowledge of IP networks and web infrastructure (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, CDN, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience remotely administering computers via VPN and remote desktop
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and time-management skills
- Flexible schedule
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Able to implement new ideas quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of efficiency
- Very detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to standards
- Excellent problem determination and resolution skills
- Jack-of-all trades mentality - fearlessly work on anything and everything
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience working on Agile projects and teams
- Familiarity with Git for version management and collaboration
- .NET / C# programming skills
- Familiarity with security standards, e.g. ISO 27001/27002, HITRUST, NIST, et al.
- An interest in computer security
- A commitment to lifelong learning
This is a full-time position for our office in Cambridge, MA. Local and remote candidates will be considered.
We're a growing, innovative software company that's disrupting the $1 trillion marketing industry. Our mission: every click through in marketing should lead to a great user experience. We've built a state-of-the-art SaaS platform for creating and testing web and mobile experiences at the intersection of paid and owned media. Our customers include leading companies such as Dell, DHL, HP, General Mills, Iron Mountain, Salesforce, Symantec and more.
We offer highly competitive compensation and a great benefits package. Our offices are a groovy space in the heart of Kendall Square, and our team consists of friendly, passionate, talented and good-humored people who love building things that make an impact.
Learn more about us at www.ioninteractive.com and follow us @ioninteractive.