Sonian is looking looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for designing and developing the software infrastructure for a complex and highly distributed cloud-based application. The position requires a deep knowledge of distributed computing, multi-threading, concurrency, and functional programming.
Sonian’s engineering team is geographically distributed, so location is not essential.
- Design and deliver a highly scalable, available, and supportable fault-tolerant SaaS application
- Produce well-documented, high quality software that supports long term maintainability and extensibility
- Deliver within an existing Agile methodology
- Comfortably develop in Mac and Linux environments
- 5+ years commercial software development experience
- Experience designing, scaling, and tuning a web-scale SaaS application
- Experience with Clojure or functional programming strongly desired
- Experience in delivering distributed applications a plus
- Familiarity with cloud based offerings like Amazon EC2 & S3 and Rackspace Cloud
- Distributed source control experience with Git
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- US-based, capable of working in remote team