WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Automattic builds related content, recommendations, and search for websites, e-commerce sites, blogs, and the WordPress.com Reader. We connect millions of publishers with billions of readers every month and look for ways to help new publishers build an audience. We have only just started to scratch the surface of providing engaging, relevant search results for the Open Web.
Our system runs on open source: Elasticsearch, MySQL, Spark, Kafka, HDFS (and WordPress of course).
Sound fun? It is.
Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Experience with Open Source search systems: Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene.
- Great programming skills in both dynamic and compiled languages (especially PHP and Java/Scala).
- Knowledge of scaling search systems: high volume indexing and querying.
- Understanding how to combine and build signals from many sources to create and evaluate novel search algorithms.
- A strong understanding of distributed computing and system performance.
- Ability to take a project from idea to implementation, putting the minimal system needed into production, but with an eye on where we need to be in 5 years.
- Great troubleshooting skills.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs