Are you ready to build great mobile and web-based applications and lead global teams with some of the brightest thought leaders, designers and technologists?
At Modus Create our Product Managers work remotely and play a hybrid role encompassing product, project and relationship management. We are the bridge between the design, development and business worlds, partnering with our clients to envision and build great products. We’re responsible for managing agile, distributed product teams including front/ back-end engineering, architecture, user experience and visual design, QA and DevOps. While we can’t see the future, we can help shape it by breaking down complex problems into actionable steps to get things done. We are problem solvers: passionate, curious and always pushing the envelope on innovation, creating order out of chaos.
Required Skills and Background
- 7 years of product or project management experience in a high-growth, interactive product organization
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Agile and Lean methodologies from project inception through delivery
- Comfortable working in high intensity, fast-paced consulting engagements across a variety of industries
- Proven experience managing multiple (sometimes interdependent) complex, strategic projects and initiatives with finesse and ease, building confidence with clients and creating long-term relationships as a trusted advisor
- Track record of completing and shipping excellent products on time and on budget
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field (or equivalent)
- Excited and ready to expand your portfolio of building and shipping products for some of the biggest brands in the industry
As a Sr. Product Manager, your responsibilities are to
- Serve as the proxy product owner to our clients, gathering and analyzing large quantities of information, producing insightful business recommendations and a compelling product vision
- Collaborate with our UX team to conduct design and user research as needed
- Create and execute product roadmaps and Agile release plans as well as write detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
- Practice Agile project management with the Scrum framework to facilitate daily standups, release and sprint planning, sprint reviews, user acceptance testing and retrospectives - managing the business weighted value of features and communicating feature development priorities
- Use your deep understanding of mobile and web products and supporting technologies to identify and communicate risk and any impediments to delivery
- Ensure that the project budget and schedule are closely monitored, communicating regularly with our client stakeholders
- Oversee a full stack software team with roles including Front-end and Back-end Engineering, UX and Visual Design, Automation QA, and DevOps
- Collaborate with our management team to identify new opportunities and move the company forward while confidently and credibly sharing your point of view and expertise
- Present/ participate in industry conferences as well as contribute to our social media engine (Blog, Twitter, Meetups, etc.)
Let’s Talk about You
- You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
- You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for creative, strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
- You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 60 people in 10 countries in 5 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech startup? Let’s start a conversation.