WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
ArcheMedX is searching for an experienced Ruby on Rails (RoR) engineer to lead the continued development of our cutting edge interactive learning and real-time assessment product.
The ideal candidate is ready to take ownership of back-end development. You are a creative thinker and problem solver who wants to have a strong influence on system architecture and product design. With more than 7 years of development experience, you are poised for a leadership role and ready to make a significant impact.
While we offer a dynamic working environment at our new offices in Charlottesville, telecommuting opportunities are also available for the right candidates. So if you are driven and seek a technical challenge, then consider joining an engineering team that is building the next big thing in EdTech and Healthcare.
- Lead back-end development and work with the product management team to ensure the timely and quality delivery of software projects in a highly agile and distributed team environment
- Architect scalable and elegant solutions to meet customer needs and business requirements
- Collaborate during code reviews, paired programming and other team activities
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Research and adopt leading edge technology tools and frameworks
- 7+ years of software development on large scale web-based applications, 3+ years in Ruby on Rails and Postrges strongly preferred
- Proven track record of being a critical thinker and team leader, with strong desire to challenge norms and innovate
- Experience building innovative products in a fast paced agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of web standards and related technologies
- Demonstrable experience with Heroku and Amazon AWS
- Fluent in relational database design and query languages
- Working knowledge of a distributed SCM such as Git strongly preferred
- Experience with different web application and search frameworks, including ElasticSearch
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Charlottesville, VA or Remote
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs