Mentor enthusiastic students as they learn Python, Flask, and related technologies to ultimately build, test, and deploy complex web apps with reliable, maintainable code. Our students are building programming skills to better their careers and develop personal projects; your role is to be their hero and help them sharpen their skills as they work through our curriculum and achieve their goals. Some will get promoted, others will get a new job, while others will just learn for the fun of it.
Thinkful mentors may work remotely or from our office. This is a part-time position, with the potential to grow with the company, if that's your thing.
- Mentor students enrolled in our Programing in Python course as they work through a project-based curriculum.
- Lead weekly 1-on-1 sessions where you'll answer student questions, review and provide feedback on student code and projects, and guide students through the course.
- Participate in student communities to provide advice and review.
- Foster a sense of excitement in your students and guide them through the pitfalls of becomming a front end developer.
- Can empathize with and explain things well to beginner and intermediate programmers.
- Understands and uses testing when writing code.
- Preferably have an interesting body of work, via Github profile, live projects, etc.
- Extensive experience with either Flask or Django, and willingness to quickly become an expert on Flask if experience is only with Django.
- Comfortable walking through code you haven't seen before and figuring out what's going on, offering a POV about how to improve.
- Conversant with front end web development, Git/Github, and Heroku.
- Experience with teaching, project management, and/or mentoring junior developers is a big plus.