WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
NOTE: This job has been re-assigned to company WFH.io as company checkd.in no longer exists.
A uniquely Nashville-tinted take on a tech company, Checkd.in provides Data Management & Digital Marketing products to some of the biggest brands in music, entertainment, and consumer marketing. Our team creates cutting-edge digital and social marketing campaigns that leverage our proprietary platform and tools, making big data actionable and relevant in real-time.
Why would you want to work with us?
- We’re a small team of dedicated technologists that take our work seriously. If you’re not working on interesting problems, expanding your skillset, and having fun at work you’re Doing It Wrong (™).
- We process millions of pieces of data a day, and our products are seen and used by hundreds of thousands of users. What you work on matters, and making the right choices in infrastructure and automation will help us continue to scale and grow in the future.
- Our company revolves around the technology department - you’ll help mold the future of our technology stack, not have it dictated to you.
- Live and work in Nashville, TN (or at least come visit every once in a while) - we’re a big deal: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/us/nashville-takes-its-turn-in-the-spotlight.html
- Competitive salary, great benefits, a generous helping of equity, whatever kit you need to get work done and all the rest of the normal startup perks.
Our tech environment
- You’ll be our first ops hire, and will work closely with our backend engineers (who have been handling ops thus far) to help continue our efforts in automation, scalability and security.
- We have multiple core products that involve data processing/mining, HTTP APIs, typical web applications and client-side MV* development. * You’ll have the opportunity to make sure we’re provisioning the right environment for the job, and give input in to the tooling used by the development team.
- Monitor all the things. We’re all about having insight in to the health of our infrastructure and keeping 3AM wakeup calls and burning servers to a minimum.
- Some technologies we use: Linux, Ruby/JRuby, Rails, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Backbone.js, Redis, Elasticsearch.
Who we're looking for
- You love automation, and hate the thought of installing something on a server by hand or setting a calendar reminder to run something every week.
- You know the ins and outs of Chef, and can test everything you work on in Vagrant.
- You want to work with the development team to come up with the appropriate infrastructure/software solution for problems involving massive amounts of data.
- You know the importance of logging and system metrics, and are always looking for ways to make this data more useful and actionable.
- You know more about Unix/Linux than most people care to hear about.
- You’ve worked in ops environments for at least 5 years.
Send an email to matt at checkd.in telling us how to find you on the internets (github, twitter, etc.), a bit about your background, and the project or code you're most proud of and why.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Nashville, TN or Anywhere in the US
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs