WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) develops commercial quality opensource software for the Internet Community. ISC has a proud history in the development of the Internet, with many of the DNS and DHCP related standards in use today written by current or past employees. We are currently seeking highly qualified and motivated software engineers.
We are looking for a software engineer to help develop ISC BIND 10. This engineer will be a core part of the BIND 10 development team, building the next generation of DNS software. We need a professional programmer, who ideally has experience developing networking software. While the initial need is for the BIND 10 project, ISC software engineers move between projects over time.
Duties will include:
- Design and develop new features for BIND.
- Review code changes.
- Assist release engineering.
- Assist project planning.
- Analyze and respond to bug reports from a variety of sources.
- Promote ISC products and provide a professional and friendly image for ISC’s services such as BIND and DHCP Support and the ISC Forum.
- BIND 10 development at ISC is based on an Agile Scrum model.
- BIND 10 uses a test driven development (TDD) methodology.
- Working from home or from the Redwood City, California office is allowed. If working from home, a history of successfully completing tasks from a home office is a plus.
- We are an open source shop. We make an effort to select open source development tools when possible. If we must select a closed source tool, we give preference to ones which support open protocols.
Minimum job requirements:
- Education: B.E./B.Sc. or equivalent
- Experience: 5 – 10 years
- Specific Skills:
- Required: C and C++ programming experience. Unix or Windows programming. An understanding of threads, locks, Berkeley socket API.
- Desirable: Make, Python, Unix Shells. Network Management. System Administration. An understanding of Windows network programming.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Required: A solid understanding of IP networking
- Desirable: In depth knowledge of DNS. Knowledge of DNSSEC. Experience with Agile development methodologies
From home or at 950 Charter Street, Redwood City, California. Expected to travel at least 3 times a year for facetoface meetings, plus occasional travel for workshops or conferences. Some travel will be international.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs