WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We are looking for an API Software Engineer to work on extending the client libraries that connect applications to Riak, our database. You'll work in the same flat engineering team that develops Riak, but with a focus upwards into the application stack. We currently need somebody with a strong Java background but expect that you'll work on other Riak client libraries too.
This position is a remote position (USA) or can be based out of one of our US locations in Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, CA or Herndon, VA.
You must be:
- Well versed in how programmers build real applications.
- Interested in helping users develop better applications on top of Riak
- Experienced in evolving simple, clean, usable APIs.
- Proficient in writing low level network code as well as multi-threaded code (without a framework). The bulk of the technical interview will revolve around concurrency, atomicity, and sockets / NIO.
- 3+ years experience with Java
- Has worked on non-trivial production applications using Java & UNIX outside of a web framework
- Professional experience in another common language Basho has a client in (python, PHP, ruby, erlang).
- Experience with network programming and networking deployment issues like load balancers.
- Experience building and nurturing communities around libraries.
- Background in database (relational or otherwise) design, tuning and implementation strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies and effective unit testing.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - you'll be working in a distributed environment of IM/VoIP/github.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs