WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Be part of the effort to bring Ubuntu Cloud into the datacenter. Our team is geographically distributed, we are able to deliver Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure solutions globally, and we work with our leading technology partners. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for building the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
As a project manager for Canonical's Professional Engineering Services, you will assume responsibility for overseeing the successful execution of cloud consulting engagements, ensuring quality, exceeding expectations and building long-term relationships with our clients, while also delivering positive growth. These engagements vary in type, duration, and client size– however, one thing is always in common: that they require a strong project manager with proven project management skills, and a desire to ensure that each and every project is a success. You'll need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to take responsibility for delivering to customers and enjoy a challenge. Travel amount and duration will vary based on company and project requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Successful delivery of consulting engagements measured by profitability, effective project management (on time, on budget), resource utilization and customer satisfaction.
- Work with the software teams to define and manage delivery of new software product offerings, which will be deployed into customer IT infrastructure, and provided back into opensource as value add to the larger Ubuntu and opensource community.
- Development and enforcement of service methodologies and best practices that result in high customer satisfaction and a reference friendly client base: from requirements gathering through to acceptance testing.
- Ensuring all project deliverables are archived properly.
- Act as escalation point for customer, and represent customer internally, ensuring that their issues are resolved on time.
- Act as resource manager for team of engineers & consultants performing on site and remote work.
- Development of a project statements of work.
- Support business development and the engineering teams by estimating the work items.
- Conduct status meetings with customers for assigned custom engineering projects. Customer status meetings will take the form of teleconferences and at times face to face meetings.
- Identify custom engineering requests that are not part of an existing business contracts.
- Managing assigned projects through their life-cycles.
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned custom engineering projects.
Required skills and experience:
- Understanding of Cloud architectures and Openstack is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Linux/UNIX at a technical level (Support, Development, Implementation).
- Minimum 2 years experience in IT Consultancy/Implementation Service Delivery (Project/Engagement Management)
- Proven experience managing service delivery projects through the entire project life-cycle:
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in a computer or technical service field.
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field.
- PMI or Prince 2 Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux and the wider Open Source Software community.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong technical negotiation skills.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Remote (North America)
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs