WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Are you a ruby developer who likes to solve real business challenges and be a part of an innovative product team? Want to work closely with a small team of developers in an agile environment? If so, Hireology, one of the fastest-growing companies in the HR Technology market, wants to talk to you.
Hireology’s cloud-based Selection Manager™ helps large distributed companies organize their hiring process and use data and smart tools to make better choices. We help SMBs and large, multi-site operators like franchise systems ensure a consistent hiring and selection process across thousands of locations each and every day. Due to our recent growth, we are expanding our in-house technology capabilities and are seeking a Rails engineer to join our team at a critical time in our company’s history.
The Challenge at Hand:
Because of our exponential growth, we need to scale our application into several API components that will be running on Ruby 2.0 and Rails 4.0.
Things you’ll do in this role:
- Reporting to the CTO, you’ll help implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle triple-digit growth rates
- Work side-by-side with our company’s Product Director to ensure that our product remains rooted in our market, and that reality keeps pace with theory
- Prototype, Test, Code, rinse, repeat
- Participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with experienced software developers in the design, development, maintenance stages, and learn the ropes.
To qualify for consideration you must:
- Have 2+ years experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Have experience with service-oriented architecture
- Have experience with BDD with RSpec and Cucumber
- Have third party (Twitter, Facebook for example) integration knowledge
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Believe the only way to go fast is to write code well with behavior driven development
- If you have a degree from an accredited 4 year college or university
- For participating in open source/outside projects
- For writing a blog
- For having a Github repository filled with interesting projects
- For being a member of technology communities and/or user groups
Your options are many. Why Hireology?
- We’re a funded company led by experienced entrepreneurs who have been doing this for over 15 years. We know this market better than most.
- TRACTION: customers love our product. We’re way past the “we hope this works” phase. We’re in the “how do we handle all of this growth?!” phase.
- We’re turning the stodgy, mature HR Tech market (a $6B market) full of legacy client-server apps on its head with our innovative approach to solving a problem that literally every business in the world struggles with.
- We’re incredibly picky about who gets hired here (you’d think, right?), so you’ll work with superstars who wake up every morning and fully expect to conquer the day. And usually, they do.
- Innovation is core to our success. We are using the latest technologies and we don’t shy away from trying cutting-edge techniques. As a member of our team, your skills will stay current, and your resume will gain unique accomplishments.
- Remote work? Absolutely!
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Chicago, IL or Remote
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs