WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The Lead Site Operations Engineer is responsible for day-to-day health and uptime for all oDesk services. You are responsible for maintaining and improving service uptime, headcount growth, personnel management, and service stability. Additionally, this role is responsible for handling either planned or unplanned maintenance events as well as executing capacity and capabilities growth as oDesk expands.
- Lead and grow a team of engineers across many time zones who work to analyze and maintain service stability by documenting policies and best practices in a 7x24x365 operation
- Responsible for the day-to-day health of all network, server, storage, and ancillary infrastructure
- Focus on lifecycle – deployment, maintenance, management, and decommission - of applications, components, and processes for oDesk products and services
- Work closely with cross functional teams to negotiate requirements, specifications, schedules, quality, and acceptance criteria
- Work closely with engineering, project management, and operational peers to develop innovative technical solutions that meet oDesk’s needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Identify tactical issues and emerging areas of concern
- Work with regional leads to establish organizational goals, meet recruiting objectives, and fulfill the mission of unyielding site stewardship
- Participate in recovery from and forensic examination of major site incidents
- Develop reports and feedback to inform technical solutions that meet design needs
- Previous experience as team lead
- A natural team leader who can motivate and encourage personal advancement
- Expertise in Network Operations or Security highly desired (and expertise in both even more so)
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Top notch communications skills (written and verbal) and an ability to work seamlessly with organizational partners and peers
- A minimum experience of 4-6 years demonstrating the planning and roll-out of infrastructure in a global enterprise environment
- Must demonstrate experience with - Server OS and application management in large-scale production environment, Global infrastructure management in 24x7 co-located environments, Network and system troubleshooting and maintenance practices, and Management of engineering leads and support staff
- Understanding of best practices concepts, change management, SLA’s, policies, procedures, and design review driven standards
For the right candidate, we are open to a remote work arrangement.
oDesk is where the world goes to work! We are the world’s largest online workplace, connecting savvy businesses with independent professionals via the Internet. Businesses empowered their growth by spending more than $360 million on oDesk’s platform for online talent in 2012. oDesk has been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and Bloomberg, and was named by Wired recently as one of the “Silicon Valley companies you wished you worked for.”
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Red Wood City, CA or Remote
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs