An opportunity to work with one of the leading GIS consulting organizations. We are looking for technical people that want to lead projects and deliver solutions. If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit your resume using the link below.
Role: Technical Architect
The Technical Architect is responsible for defining and delivering client solutions. Primary responsibilities include determining and translating client requirements to a straw-man technical architecture/solution, lifecycle project planning and management, client communications, and ensuring successful completion of the solution design and implementation with technical team support.
Candidates must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Define client data, system architecture and/or application requirements
- Lead a project team to translate requirements into a technical design, determine appropriate technology solution, and manage the project to fully deliver on that solution
- Provide primary communication with clients and stakeholders; facilitate meetings and reviews to achieve project consensus
- Develop, maintain and report on project plans and schedules
- Prepare and maintain internal and external project documentation
- Mentor technical staff and foster a fun working environment through knowledgeable, effective, hands-on technical and management oversight and support
Competencies and Skills:
- Hands on familiarity with systems and/or application administration; data and application development and deployment methodologies; quality initiatives and project management methodologies
- Demonstrated high level competence with Esri technologies
- A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
- Ability to plan, organize and manage project schedules, tasks, and deliverables
- Dynamic, personable and self-motivated personality
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field 
- 5+ years experience supporting IT/GIS system and data integration projects 
- 2+ years GIS implementation and project management experience
 Additional experience can be substituted for education
 Additional education can be substituted for years of experience
Experience Preferred (Bonus):
Graduate degree in a computer science or GIS-related field
Formal project management training and/or certification
- Location: Birmingham AL; Alexandria, VA, Farmington Hills, MI; or work at home
- Travel 25-50% of the time.