WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
YouGov seeks an experienced Python developer to join the team innovating and building out our BrandIndex online data dashboard backed by a distributed, column-oriented database. The product draws together data collected on four continents. The person in this position will work primarily on database and ETL functionality, although everyone on the team participates in the creation of the entire stack.
- Strong Python skills - 1 to 5 years of experience
- Commitment to best practices including TDD
- Familiarity with distributed systems and messaging (0MQ, RabbitMQ)
- Familarity with SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Knowledge of columnar databases (Vertica, RedShfit, MonetDB) a plus
- Experience with R valuable but not required
- Frontend web development experience useful for collaboration and code reviews
Python is used throughout our survey systems, back ends, and data analysis/visualization applications.
Telecommuting OK. Looking for someone preferably between UTC+1 and UTC-9.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Remote (UTC+1 and UTC-9)
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs