WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Python Web Developer Full Time
Arc90 is looking for a talented Python developer to join our team.
- Are a smart, motivated, focused person who enjoys crafting great software.
- Have a strong understanding of Python.
- Have a broad range of interests when it comes to development. When building software, you tend to have the users’ experience in mind.
- Have a bias towards shipping software. You understand technical debt and why it is sometimes necessary.
- Can sling together a JOIN or two in SQL.
- Have an in-depth understanding of programming as a craft. This doesn’t necessarily mean a BS in Computer Science or anything, but if you’ve got one, great.
- Understand the benefits of writing tests.
- Are either in or moving to NYC (preferred), or are in the Americas and particularly great at working remotely.
- If you’re living in the United States, you’re qualified to work here without sponsorship. (Sorry, we can’t currently sponsor H1-B candidates.)
- Are a good communicator and enjoy working with teams of smart folks. If you’re a cowboy coder, look elsewhere.
It’d be nice if you:
- Have experience with a WSGI web framework (like Django or similar).
- Have experience scaling websites.
- Understand and enjoy HTTP and RESTful web applications.
Arc90 is a small firm of design-driven passionate technologists who work in Midtown Manhattan. We wear a lot of hats, both as an organization and as individuals. We have a dual business model: one one hand we’re a full service web consulting firm, on the other we’re a product incubator. You may have heard of our products Readability and Kindling.
As a result, we have a ton of ideas, some of which we explore on our lab; the trouble is finding time to follow through on them. We choose carefully, and we still have a full portfolio of exciting things to work on. And we always have a steady flow of work, so there’s plenty of room for long term growth as well.
At Arc you’ll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative community where we’re all passionate about building great user experiences, learning new skills and techniques, and doing the right thing.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
NYC or United States
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs