WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The Shopify platform hosts over 50,000 online stores used by millions of users around the world. Our merchants range from stay-at-home moms and small budding entrepreneurs, to big names like General Electric, Tesla Motors and Foo Fighters. Shopify is a hugely successful company and has received numerous awards. We were named one one Canada's leading startups in the Canadian Profit Hot 50 and we've also been recognized as “Ottawa’s fastest growing company”.
All of our rapid growth means that we have many interesting and challenging problems to solve, most critically in our core infrastructure. Shopify's merchants have bet their businesses on the reliability and performance of our platform, which means that reliability and uptime are paramount. This is why we're looking to add an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to our team.
- Ensuring continued scalability of the Shopify platform
- Implementation and optimization of caching strategies
- Writing highly-scalable and replicated backend services
- Optimize application usage of Memcache, Redis, and MySQL
- Implement tools to exercise the scalability of the Shopify platform
- Monitor and take action on events appearing in the MySQL slow query log, New Relic, and other monitoring tools
- Ensure resilience and graceful failure when services are unavailable
- Configuration and optimization of the Ruby/Rails stack and production environment
- Development and optimization of automated code deployment tools
- Identify potential capacity issues and work with the engineering and operations teams to design elegant, and efficient solutions
- Expertise in one or more programming languages
- Proven track record of scaling LAMP-type web applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively across teams
- Ability to create elegant solutions to difficult problems
- Experience with performance tuning and scaling of large scale Ruby on Rails applications
- Knowledge of distributed computing concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs