ePublishing is looking for a kick-ass designer / front-end developer to join our team. We specialize in creating beautiful, modern, revenue generating sites for Magazine and Newsletter Publishers.
Our front-end developers and designers are responsible for:
- Creating original wireframes and design mockups based on customer direction and latest trends
- Advising on content strategy and UI / UX Design
- Implementing that design in Ruby on Rails templates
- Evolving and advancing our CMS features through work on our product roadmap
- Working directly with our developers to achieve success
- Can implement modern RWD (Responsive Web Design) techniques and solutions
We're a fun group of people who are passionate about building awesome sites and apps. We are super obsessed about making our customers and our staff members successful.
Now the really good part. Pants are optional! (Shirts are required on skype but bad hair is acceptable)
We are a completely virtual organization and use email, Slack, task management, Hangouts, and subspace to communicate. We look out for one another and have a wonderful working environment. Support and teamwork come naturally to everyone at our company. It's what drives our success.
So if you want to work with a team of highly skilled and awesome individuals and you're passionate about building beautiful web sites, get in touch with us. You just might be the next part of our family.
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong understanding of great UI / UX Design
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, UI and web standards
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Semantic HTML5, Modular SCSS, CSS3
- jQuery (beyond basic plugin implementation)
- You’ve been doing RWD for years
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Write clean, maintainable, and idiomatic code using established best practices
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Curiosity and passion for the latest and greatest development paradigms
- Rails (or MVC) experience
- At least basic knowledge of web architectures and backend technologies
- Susy Grid Framework
- Familiar with BEM naming convention