WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Come Grow With Us
Beachy is a startup. Our app is less than two months old and we recently closed our pre-series funding. If you love getting in early, it doesn't get much better than first (or second) hire.
Did we mention how small we are? We don't have an office, so that's one thing you'll have to bring to the table. Work from home or wherever you desire.
Expert Ruby Developer
Beachy is an early-stage startup with a clear plan for revenue and rapid profitability. Part of the growing on-demand phenomenon, Beachy makes it dead simple for you to order products and services directly to you at vacation destinations worldwide.
We're looking for a ruby expert who will be able to work effectively immediately, whether's that's fixing present bugs, shoring up and refactoring current architecture or taking ownership of of our core offerings as well as directing satellite projects.
- Demonstrated experience in a lead development role, whether you acted as developer/project manager or simply directed your own work as a team of one.
- Experience beyond Rails. We don't presently use Rails, though we do use ActiveRecord, ActiveSupport and other Rails libraries. You should be comfortable off-the-tracks and without Rails' fancy autoloading, scaffolding, etc.
- Ability to work independently. As a small team in a major crunch, we don't have the time to micromanage or really manage, for that matter. While we're big on code collaboration, testing, documentation and project planning (using github, rspec, yard and trello, respectively), you should have no problem taking on assignments and seeing them start to finish. You should be proactive and feel comfortable interacting directly with outside contractors and associated efforts, such as marketing, legal and bookkeeping.
Nice to have:
- DevOps. For various reasons, mostly due to a lack of configurability, we're not big "app engine" fans (e.g. Heroku, EngineYard). We're on AWS and want to keep it this way. Any experience or interest in IT orchestration and automation (think: Chef, Puppet, Ansible) is a huge plus.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- The ability to work from anywhere.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs