WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Moxie is looking for an Lead Designer to grow with our team. Our team is located all over the world and primarily consists of kick-ass developers with a real passion for what they do. Our team is small but nimble which we find to be a positive rather than a negative. Responsibilities would include taking a digital project from ideation to production (and hopefully to awards). You would have the backing and support of a all-star development team in addition to a Producer / PM that would handle all the client relations on projects.
We are located in the heart of NYC and would prefer a candidate that is able to work similar hours as us although this is not a requirement. Our team is in the office between the hours of 10AM – 6PM EST. If you are local we have a desk with your name on it here.
- You MUST love what you do.
- Ability to create user flow charts, storyboards, wire frames, and related elements that play into the planning phase of an application.
- Complete understanding of RWD and how your designs will be adapted for specific devices (including responsive grids).
- Strong focus on usability and interactive design
- Great communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Strong understanding on the underlying technology that powers digital design
- Ability to accept feedback and come up with creative solutions around that feedback.
- Expert level Photoshop skills
- Basic HTML / CSS understanding including grid systems
- Understanding of UI Frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap
- Willingness and passion to learn new things, we strongly encourage and sponsor ongoing education.
A bonus if you have....
- Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge of front-end web programming HTML/CSS/JS
- Overall WordPress knowledge including the Codex and API
- Experience with dev tools such as GitHub, Pivotal Tracker, Beanstalk, etc.
- Data Visualization experience
- Freedom. You will be working with a team that understands design, we support our clients by providing great design. We support our team by enabling them to do what they do best.
- Ability to work with big brands and have a real audience for your work. Among the list are Perrier, AOL, NetJets, Scion, Toyota to name a few.
- Flexible work hours, we are concerned with getting things done not holding a schedule.
- Ability to take time for yourself, as our culture we believe in rest. A recharge is what fuels creativity. We want to support you in taking the time for that fuel.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.