WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
The Java Developer is responsible for developing and supporting Web-based Java applications, Web services and Web interfaces. This person will be responsible for server side component design, detailed technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
This position may be a remote position located anywhere in the US.
- Review and understand business requirements working with cross-functional teams.
- Develop and enhance product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives.
- Ensure that development tasks are completed within timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects.
- Under guidance of technical lead, ensure that solutions being developed are effective and take into consideration performance implications for a production environment.
- Conduct code and design reviews for development initiatives.
- Provide detailed estimates for development efforts as needed.
- Assist with production support issues as they arise
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems) or software development/programming certifications.
- 3+ years of Java software development experience using object oriented methodology
- Expertise in developing Web based applications, or Web Services using Java and JS
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, and James Mail Server
- MySQL relational databases experience
- Previous development experience with EJB 2.0, Web Service, JSE1.5, JMS, JSP, JDBC,
- Assembly, deployment, troubleshooting, and monitoring experience of J2EE applications on one of the major J2EE application servers (JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere)
- Hands on experience with Windows Server environments
- Hands on experience with Linux environments
- Experience performance tuning a production application through code and database improvements
- Experience working in a team environment using a Source Configuration Management tool such as VSS, CVS, or Subversion
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiarity with one of the major J2EE IDE tools
- Development experience using XSL to generate documents a plus
- Experience supporting production environments a plus
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs