The Firefox bugmaster is a new position at Mozilla for a quality lead to keep bugzilla running smoothly and make sure that no bug goes ignored.
You'll be working with a talented group of program managers, engineers, and software testers, both paid and volunteer, to make the Web a better place, and impact the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of users. Our goal is to make Firefox better than ever – can you help us?
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a list of engineering leads responsible for each bugzilla component.
- Discover and document how each team uses bugzilla.
- Identify the holes where we’re currently losing bugs or not responding to them adequately.
- Identify areas where Mozilla does not have enough QA or engineers to adequately respond to incoming bugs.
- Design and build reporting and alerting systems to help engineering leads manage their bugs and monitor for issues.
- Prioritize feature enhancements for bugzilla engineers.
- Propose and ultimately decide changes to the bugzilla metadata and workflow.
- 2 years paid or volunteer experience as a quality lead, project manager, or similar role in a software engineering organization.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Familiarity with automated and manual testing techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in a public open-source project.
- Experience within an open-source community.
- Familiarity with bugzilla.
- Experience creating and automating reports from raw data.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch.
We have a commitment to hiring diverse applicants. We support flexible work hours, remote working, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes childcare assistance. To be in a time zone with the rest of the team, candidates must be located in North or South America, Europe, Africa, or the Middle East.
Mozilla is a thriving global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working collaboratively and openly to keep the Internet alive and accessible for all. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every day. Join our team today and together we’ll make a better Web for tomorrow.
WE ARE GLOBAL
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- 13 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Boston, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices and remote workers around the world
AND SO ARE OUR BENEFITS...
- Competitive pay
- Top-notch medical
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical Lunch and Learns and invited speakers each month
BECAUSE WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code and ship in the open
- We directly impact hundreds of millions of users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web’s users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits