We're hiring! Join a fast-paced up and coming social media startup. Keek is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to help support our rapid growth. We are looking for highly experienced people to work remotely full-time.
Keek is the easiest way to share video updates with friends, family and the world.
Upload video status updates ("keeks") using your webcam or the Keek app for Android and iPhone. Reply back with text or video comments ("keekbacks"), push your keeks to other social media networks or embed them into your blog or website. It's a fun new way to meet people and share your life.
- Maintain large scale Linux server environment.
- Provide capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Routine monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving large, complex multi-level issues.
- Provide technical support for operating systems and related systems hardware/software (including scheduled on-call support)
- Rebuilding the plane while it's in the air.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7 or more years of senior systems administration experience.
- Experience managing large scale, high growth, high availability multi-server environments.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts and IT practices.
- Familiarity with some or all of following technologies: CentOS, PHP, nginx, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Varnish.
- Must have a proactive approach to system maintenance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience configuring firewalls and load balancer technologies.
- Networking experience, including architecture, maintenance, and scaling.
- Kernel tuning experience.
- Experience with splunk, nagios, cacti, and other common monitoring tools.
- Experience administrating video streaming server environments.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.