WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DataStax delivers Apache Cassandra™ in a database platform purpose built for the performance and availability demands of IOT, web, and mobile applications. We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test, focusing on the DevCenter application. DevCenter is an easy-to-use visual query tool that allows developers to create and run CQL queries and commands against Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise (DSE). Candidates can be located anywhere in the US, Canada, or South America.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute tests for DevCenter (Code Coverage, Manual and Automated UI Testing) running on a variety of platforms.
- Dive deep into the code base to analyze features and bug-fixes while using debugging and profiling tools. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to define functionality and resolve issues.
- Have the opportunity to learn new languages, tools, and processes in a dynamic, fast-paced, small team environment.
- Help debug customer issues.
- 2+ years in a production software development or software quality assurance role.
- Motivated self-starter who has experience working in a distributed team that exchanges ideas via IRC and HipChat.
- Understand the complexities of testing in a distributed, big data environment.
- Strong development/QA background using Java.
- Passion for making great software in a small company setting.
- History of learning new technologies on the fly.
- Possess an assertive communication style.
The stuff that would be nice to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- 4+ years development/QA experience.
- Experience with any of the following (Apache Cassandra/DSE, Eclipse Platform, TestLink, or other formal testing tools).
- Familiarity with team coordination tools (JIRA/Confluence) and agile development processes (Scrum/Kanban).
- Virtual Machine Setup and Testing Experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Familiarity with the git source control system.
DataStax is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: "EEO is the Law"
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the US, Canada, or South America.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs