WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DataStax delivers Apache Cassandra in a database platform purpose built for the performance and availability demands of IOT, web, and mobile applications. We are looking for a potential team member with a passion for leading engagements and teams that drive to the successful execution of customer projects built on top of DataStax Enterprise. The individual in the Managing Principal Architect role should have the unique ability to both lead people as well as act as a provide deep, empirical based, engineering guidance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to lead experienced, technical team members in the successful execution of complex, distributed applications based on new and leading-edge, open source-based technologies
- Ability to lead people in a consulting/professional services organization with direct reports
- Ability to be a deep, technical, “Go To” expert/leader for DataStax technology
- Ability to successfully plan and conduct customer and project kick-off meetings
- Proven experience crafting winning statements of work for successful services delivery is a must.
- 3+ years production related Experience with Apache Cassandra, Apache Solr, and/or Apache Spark with several full implementations from requirements to production
- Strong Linux/UNIX experience, including scripting, and system administration
- Strong understanding of Network infrastructure and troubleshooting:
- Strong knowledge of datacenter architecture particularly multi-datacenter and global deployments.
- Strong understanding of virtual environments.
- Knowledge and experience with managed cloud environments:
- Knowledge and experience with RDBMS, Data Warehousing, ETL, and visualization.
- Ability to thrive in a distributed environment, form relationships, and tactfully navigate a distributed organization to find answers and key knowledgeable team members
- Extremely proficient with issue isolation and resolution in distributed environments
- Ability to thrive in large, complex client engagements, working across teams, organizing and leading implementations in these types of environments.
- Technical leadership is a must with the ability to define structure, provide vision, and coach other team members as needed.
- Strong experience succeeding in many different Software Delivery Lifecycle methodologies
- Excellent communication skills to enable the successful implementation of technical vision.
- Written, verbal, and presentation skills with English proficiency
- Ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- Position located in Western U.S.
- US work authorization and US focus
- Partial billable role
- Travel up to 50%
- Consulting practice leadership experience
- Open Source evangelist experience
- Open Source profile on Github with Open Source community recognition
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop, MongoDB and/or other NoSql implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with automation such as Chef and Puppet.
- Knowledge and experience with Source control such as Git, CVS, and/or SVN.
- Software development skills with the ability to communicate well with executives, engineers and developers.
DataStax is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: "EEO is the Law"
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs