WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Requisition Number 15-0087
The successful candidate will join our developer's team supporting a large infrastructure that supplies precision agriculture API, web, and mobile app services. We focus on increasing how many API calls/second we can support, reducing the latency of each API call, and of course on availability. The predominance of this work will be in cloud infrastructure providers such as Amazon EC2 and others.
A strong candidate will have experience with building automated and scalable management systems that can rapidly deploy systems in response to changing demands. We want people who would rather work with configuration management and automated deployment tools than execute the same command time and time again. We are firm believers of using and customizing automated tools.
Members of the developer team enjoy flexibility. On-call responsibilities are shared with the rest of the developers team for full 24x7x52 coverage. The team self-schedules on-call coverage. We strongly believe in fixing the root of the problem to prevent it from happening again, rather than simply dealing with the symptom. The position can either be in any of the Iteris offices around the country or a work from home position. For remote workers some additional travel will be required for multi-day team meetings.
- B.S or B.A in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience including Unix system administration
- Three (3) years of relevant experience with scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or Shell
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience in network administration such as BGP, OSPF, VLANs, and firewalls
- Strong experience with administering systems and networks in Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, or other IaaS providers
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience, including high-volume or critical production service environments
- Experience leading teams and/or projects
- Significant experience with high availability and scalable clusters of SQL databases. (We use MySQL and Postgres.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a distinct advantage. We have a large Cassandra cluster and also use MongoDB, Couchbase, and Redis
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Relevant configuration management experience with CFEngine, Chef, or Puppet
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of training users and writing documentation and policies
- Good experience in automated monitoring and notification systems for production environments
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems (e.g. user space v. kernel space, inter-process communications, differentiation of layers in the network stack, routing v. switching)
- Ability to research and troubleshoot problems outside of comfort zone and knowledge base
- Experience with HTTP caches, both on-site and distributed caches (such as CDN services)
- Experience with supporting 7x24x52 production systems in complex configurations
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs