What We Are Looking For:
CrystalCommerce is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work within our development team to help manage operations and improve the reliability of our current systems. Join us in our office just North of Seattle or fully remote anywhere in the U.S. with our talented team of developers.
What We Do:
With over 700 retailers and 700,000 products in our master catalog, CrystalCommerce is the leader in inventory management solutions for the game and hobby industry. CrystalCommerce allows storeowners to manage their entire inventory from one dashboard across multiple sales channels, including their in-store POS.
Why Work For Us?
Our retailers rely on the functionality of the CrystalCommerce platform to run their businesses on a day-to-day basis. This is an exciting opportunity that allows you to have a major impact on retailers of all sizes within the game and hobby industry.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Create/Maintain monitoring solutions and instrument applications to provide insights into performance and to understand emerging issues
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Conduct routine security and software updates
- Interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of solid experience as DevOps Engineer in 24x7 uptime environment
- Writing maintainable and scalable applications in Ruby on Rails
- BS in Information Science/Technology , Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
- Ability and experience in managing self-hosted resources
- Managing extensive background jobs processing, preferably with Resque or Sidekiq
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, preferably MySQL and Redis
- Understanding and working on large codebases
- Building and securing the infrastructure of a highly trafficked site
- Managing infrastructure using tools like Ansible
- Experience with large-scale Cloud management software products, such as OpenStack
- Experience with application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experience with Development tools such as Git
- Ability to participate in software development opportunities as needed
Compensation is dependent on experience and is competitive based on industry
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Work Fully Remote
- Competitive Pay
- Free Industry Swag
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (In-State Applicants Only)
- Paid Time Off (In-State Applicants Only)
Other Important Info:
All out of state applicants will be treated as independent contractors and must feel comfortable doing so. The amount of work anticipated is similar to full-time status for a regular employee. If you have any other questions, feel free to email email@example.com.