We're looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join our growing team. You'd be involved in multiple projects, including helping to build our SmartCalcs API and launch new reporting and filing features to reach more merchants.
This is a full-time remote position, available only to folks located in the US.
- Ready-and-willing to take the initiative on new features and bug fixes
- Test first or last, it doesn’t matter. We want high quality code with test coverage in RSpec
- Experience with connecting to 3rd party REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with a large, fast-growing code base and multiple projects.
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Someone who is agile, humble, and a team player Prior SaaS application experience
- 2+ years of production Rails experience
Working @ TaxJar
- We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to measurable customer satisfaction.
- There's just too much opportunity in front of us to waste time in needless meetings.
- We have quick daily stand-up calls, chat on Flowdock, review pull requests and have fun changing the game.
- We're strong believers in the "No Jerk Code".
- We're a TEAM all pulling towards the same goal.
- Hard-working folks that want to learn something new everyday fit right in.
Skin in the Game
Every line of code you write will have a meaningful impact on our future, so we're offering you a generous piece of the upside via equity in the company.
- Work anywhere
- Health, dental, vision, short-and-long-term disability plans
- Flexible vacation policy
Who is TaxJar?
We're a funded, early stage, startup with tremendous upside. We’re aimed at helping millions of online merchants on Square, Amazon, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce and other carts/marketplaces manage their sales tax compliance. We have a product that customers love, with an extremely strong conversion funnel, a proven business model and very real revenues.