Do you want to work in cyber security? How about being able to work anywhere on the Planet? On a beach in Hawaii, or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska.
We are one of the fastest growing cyber security companies in the World. You will be working for us remotely full-time, with full benefits including medical, dental, 401K and a generous stock options package.
We are a team of four full-time employees and a handful of contractors. We're fast moving, nimble, self managing and work in a relaxed atmosphere with a sense of humor. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact in the fun high-growth stages of our evolution.
We use apps like Slack, Fogbugz and Dropbox for our workflow. Each team member is World-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age and location from Maine to Redmond to Knoxville to Florida.
All permanent positions will involve a trial period of approximately 1 month with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this time and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue a permanent position.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
- A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
- A high level of productivity and self-management.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can't emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it's critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
- PHP including object oriented PHP. You need to write clean, high performance and maintainable code.
- Knowledge of subversion a requirement.
- MySQL including the ability to write well performing SQL, ability to design schemas and an understanding of MySQL data types and performance.
- Apache knowledge a requirement.
- Nginx and other web platforms like Lightspeed highly desirable.
- Must be comfortable in Linux and with Linux administration.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities required.
- Vulnerability research - ability to identify vulnerabilities in code is a requirement.
- WordPress experience required - including ability to use the WordPress plugin API.
- Perl a strong plus.
- Node.js a strong plus.
- A keen interest in cyber security. Credentials like Security+, CISSP or pen-testing certifications a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
- Knowledge of virtualization a plus, specifically KVM.
- 100% principal premium paid: platinum level medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Stock options
- Company paid local gym membership
- Full time telecommuting with flexible hours