VisionMobile is the leading research company in the software economy. We track developer trends across 20,000+ developers annually for clients including Microsoft, Intel, Google, Amazon and Mozilla. Our research appears at the forefront of mainstream media incl. Financial Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, and VentureBeat.
We’re now looking for a full-time, Data Scientist to help drive insights out millions of developer data points. You’ll be working based in Europe or North America (east coast), working from home, a co-working space or our Athens-based office to support our distributed team.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Data Scientist, you will have 2-4 years working experience in number crunching, data analysis and visualisation. You will be fearless in data crunching and keen to show-off your pivots and scorecards with eye-candy that begs to differ from boring Excel charts.
You will have undertaken many data analysis projects where your novel insights and attention to detail would impress. You might not have worked in the software industry before, but you have a passion for software, apps or smartphones and wanting to figure out what makes the software economy tick.
If you’re that person, we’d love to talk.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Data Scientist you’ll be reporting to our Director of Research and Operations, with responsibility for:
- Data and number crunching in SQL, SPSS, Excel, R, MarketSight and visualisation software. You‘ll be working on complex projects, from sample weighting to behavioural analysis, population sizing and segmentation.
- Analysing millions of developer data points to reveal the global software economy trends, from Brazil to Japan.
- Tracking the latest trends on mobile, IoT, cloud and desktop developers.
- Performing data analysis and research for our market-leading reports.
- Helping shape our research agenda and asking developers the right questions.
- Interact with clients to provide insightful answers to tough data problems.
- Supporting the rest of the analyst team to create more than the sum of the parts.
What skills we are looking for:
- Fearless in data and number crunching in SPSS and Excel and ideally also in versed in SQL, R, PASW modeller, Tableau or MarketSight. You eat data for breakfast.
- A data scientist, with a background in statistics, applied mathematics or applied economics.
- A passion for technology, and understanding of how it’s impacting people’s lives
- Ideally having software development experience as a hobby or past work.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across four countries.
- Keen to work in an entrepreneurial environment and push the company to continually grow.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
We hate CVs, we love people. Apply with a video or a short powerpoint presentation introducing yourself and why you want to work for VisionMobile. Mark it private so that it’s only visible to us.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus every 6 months
- Company share option plan
- Your laptop of choice + large monitor
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career
- Flexible working environment - working from home, co-working space or our office
- No dress code formalities. Come to work with your flip-flops or your holiday sombrero
- You can work from anywhere in Europe or North America (east coast).
- Monthly book allowance from Amazon, on any book you like
- Spotify Premium subscription
- Opportunity to make a difference and gain experience in mobile, the most disruptive and fast growing industry
- Part of an entrepreneurial company that's raising the bar, and calling the trends of the software economy