Minds On Design Lab is a small creative agency that enhances the teams of nonprofit organizations with technology leadership, design, and web/mobile development. Together we collaborate to create experiences and interactive applications that engage and inspire.
We are a distributed team with a home base in Brooklyn, NY. The organizations we work for inspire us everyday with their commitment to making an impact for those they serve. We are thankful to work with such great clients.
We are looking for a skilled and seasoned full-stack PHP developer. We need a renaissance coder who has a passion for both front and backend development combined with a strong mind that can connect and enhance the strategic outcomes a technology solution is intended to inspire.
Our services and projects range from CMS driven responsive websites to web application-scale custom solutions.
New team members have the following general characteristics:
- Outcome driven, accountable and honest
- A direct, concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Self motivated, an entrepreneurial spirit
- Candidate must be a collaborator and hungry to learn, grow, and improve as well as must know what she/he needs to do to learn best
- Experience and interest in working remotely with a distributed team
You meet the following requirements:
- A skilled back-end coder with command of object-oriented PHP and can work with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Slim, and/or Lumen to produce unique solutions ranging from CMS plugins to full blown web applications.
- Experience with relational database and strong query capabilities.
- Experience with GIT source control and related workflows.
- Experience with LAMP server setup and administration as well unique solutions such as Memcache and Sphinx.
You might have the following as well:
- Experience with native mobile app development using Cordova/Phonegap or like-kind platforms.
- Experience with Twig theming is highly desirable. ExpressionEngine, Statamic, and/or Wordpress theming experience is also a plus.
- Experience with CMS configuration and content model setup within platforms such as Craft, ExpressionEngine, * Statamic and/or Wordpress.
- Direct client experience
Terms of Position
This position is a 3 month contract-to-hire position. The contract period will be full-time and the goal at the end of the contract period is to transition to a full-time salaried position.
Independent Candidates only! - No firms/agencies please