WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We create open-source code in a variety of languages and contexts that helps people engage with their communities. Check out our projects at http://github.com/NuCivic and let us know if you have any questions.
The preferred location for this position is in one of our offices in Madison, New York, Philadelphia, or Saint Paul though we will consider strong applicants from outside those locations.
You Will Be Tackling:
- Playing the role of Lead Developer on designated projects
- Leading teams implementing the cutting edge in civic technology
- Building features and squashing bugs for our growing range of products
- Teaching or preaching to members of the development team about strategies/libraries/approaches you are interested in
- Assisting in the shaping of budgets, product, project plans and other outcomes
- Shaping systems and outcomes related to our development process and product experience
You Should Have:
- Public example of code contribution (github, drupal.org, etc) and/or portfolio of work
- A portfolio of open data or open source projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Testing
- Demonstrated experience with technologies that engage civic communities or equivalent work experience
You Should Be Comfortable With:
- Leading teams of fellow developers
- Playing a key part in the success of our company
- Talking directly to clients or other key stakeholders
- Learning new technologies and techniques
Would Love If You Have:
- Linux cli and/or server admin experience
- Political or grassroots organizing experience
- Design skills
- Editing skills
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs