Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source projects, Elastic provides real-time insights and makes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data usable for developers and enterprises. By focusing on scalability, ease-of-use, and ease-of-integration, the Elastic ELK stack – comprised of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana – powers many of the world's leading mobile, social, consumer and business applications. Since its initial release, the ELK stack has achieved more than 20 million cumulative downloads, and today, Elastic is backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California, and offices and employees around the world.
We are looking for Technical Support Engineers who will support our customers by diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Elasticsearch-related issues. Successful candidates will be motivated self-starters, possess strong customer service skills, and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on absolutely anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
- Resolve customer problems via telephone, email or remote access
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to the engineering team when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- 3+ years experience as a Support Engineer at an Enterprise Software Company
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
- Support/troubleshooting experience in Linux or Unix Environment
- Prior knowledge or experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Lucene, some NoSQL technology, or an enterprise search product is a big plus
- Past experience supporting a commercial database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic about Open Source ecosystem
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances. Grace under pressure – must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- High energy, high integrity, professional demeanor with customers a must
- Extremely competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages (California office only)
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder
- Passionate people building great products