RightScale is transforming the way enterprises deliver IT, and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, and collaborative teammates to deliver on that promise by anticipating the needs of our customers and helping them solve real problems.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer focused on Delivery works in the RightScale Professional Services group to deploy a variety of applications across multiple cloud providers and platforms for our customers and partners.
This position can be based in our Santa Barbara, California headquarters or work remotely as a cloudie from your home office in the US or UK.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for cloud deployments and solutions.
- Leading the technical implementation of portable multi-cloud application deployments.
- Coaching customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices.
- Collaborating to build and onboard private cloud platforms.
- Working with the RightScale Support group to assist with technical queries and troubleshooting.
Experience we're looking for:
- A minimum of five years of experience providing consulting, installation, software engineering, and customer support.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud concepts, web services, and APIs (including Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, SoftLayer, and Microsoft Azure).
- Strong OS automation skills using Ruby, Chef, Bash/shell scripting, and/or Windows PowerShell.
- Experience deploying and administering PHP, Rails, Python, Java, and .NET solutions.
- Linux experience (CentOS, Ubuntu, and RHEL) and/or Windows Server systems.
- Database deployment and administration experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle)
- High availability, scalability, and performance optimization experience with distributed deployments, HTTP traffic load balancing, content caching, master-slave database replication, and database sharding.
- Experience with cloud orchestration software including Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, and Eucalyptus.
- Experience with virtualization and hypervisors (Citrix Xen/XenServer, KVM, and VMware ESXi).
- Networking configuration experience (IP, routing, VLANs, and VPNs).
- Identity and access management knowledge (Active Directory, LDAP, OpenID, oAuth, and SAML).
- Secure engineering practices plus systems hardening.
Education and certifications:
- Familiarity with the RightScale Cloud Portfolio Management platform.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent).
- Technical development or systems engineering qualifications such as Red Hat Certified Engineer and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Domestic and international travel will be required to meet project and business objectives.
- Occasional weekend travel due to the time required to travel to some regions.
- Total travel estimated at 25-30 percent.
Some perks of working at RightScale:
- Competitive salary and benefits package plus stock options.
- Regular social events, including the legendary RightScale Employee Meetup.
- A welcoming, informal, family-style office environment complete with Monday lunches, Tuesday bagels, and snacks.
- Yoga, core workouts, ultimate Frisbee, and beer on tap (Santa Barbara office).
- Friendly football and video games including our favorite, Mario Kart (Edinburgh office).
- The RightScale spirit of innovation and experimentation, including regular hackathons for the entire company as well as weekly iTime (innovation time) for engineers.
- Encouragement and support for professional growth through ongoing learning opportunities both inside and outside RightScale.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to help us lead the IT revolution, apply now to join our team.
RightScale supports diversity in the workplace and encourages women and people from underrepresented groups in IT to apply.