WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Are you a Splunk expert that believes that big data can make a big difference? Looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity that can make a difference?
Come work with Splunk4Good –Splunk’s corporate social responsibility program – and work with our community partners to drive real social impact. Help us grow our impact and work with some of the best and brightest that Splunk has to offer!
This position will be responsible for developing Splunk applications to highlight our technology and the range of applications for which it can be used through publicly available data projects. Ideal candidate will be a Splunk expert and be able to quickly develop new and innovative ways to apply our technology.
- Flex your Splunk muscles in building public facing proofs of concept leveraging Splunk, open and other data, and our latest and greatest functionality.
- Design and build cutting-edge Splunk applications and public data projects with partners in the public and nonprofit sectors.
- Work closely with the director and S4G technical lead to curate and develop pipeline of Splunk4Good Public data projects.
- Manage resources, ensure successful project execution, and assist with project go-to-market planning.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to leverage product and technical teams, deliver the right solution, and to drive product innovation.
- Build and coordinate teams of Splunk volunteers to deliver social impact projects.
- Build projects to support disaster relief initiatives and/or deploy directly to active disaster zones.
- Coordinate occasional technical assistance with nonprofit license partners.
- Contribute regular content for Splunk4Good blogs, social media and web.
- Promote Splunk4Good values and vision with stakeholders on local, state and national levels.
- Minimum of 3+ years Splunk experience, including app development and advanced Splunk.
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and social impact.
- Experience leveraging diverse open data, public data, and social media data sets to create visualizations that showcase Splunk technology.
- Proven leadership qualities, resourcefulness, team orientation, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills; results-oriented with a respect for data-driven outcomes.
- Experience leveraging data science to construct predictive models, establish correlations, and identify patterns between disparate data sets.
- Proven ability to manage relationships and leverage internal resources across departments and organizations.
- Confidence to present in public situations as an ambassador for Splunk and Splunk4Good.
- High energy and a self-starter; able to work quickly and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and opportunities.
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience
Job Type: Full-Time and 10% travel
Location: San Francisco HQ preferred; remote possible
What we screen for:
- Technical depth in Splunk Language; please anticipate that you will be required to develop a Splunk application as part of the interview process
- Previous experience in enterprise or web based applications group
- Technical depth in building web applications
- Experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences, please anticipate you will be required to present something during the interview.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs