WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DreamHost is looking to bring on an Engineer that will focus exclusively on web performance and the ability to improve our technical stack, both for end-users and internally.
Your job, if you choose to accept, is to help improve and increase performance for all aspects of DreamHost’s technical stack. From end-user web performance to kernel tuning, your role will be to help provide consistent performance oriented solutions to every aspect of the DreamHost infrastructure.
What’s a normal day look like?! Lemme tell you. You may be asked to investigate why a function in Apache is loading resources slowly, or to design a cluster caching architecture, or deep dive into some WordPress code to see why a theme is performing poorly. Full stack analysis is the name of the game and that is where you come in!
- Work with Development, Systems, and Network Engineering teams to identify and resolve performance related issues.
- Build performance test frameworks and tools, and execute tests to draw out actionable data.
- Design and implement improvements to infrastructure and software based on analysis of test results.
- Delve deeply into the LAMP stack to uncover poor performance at each layer.
Core Technologies in use at DreamHost
- Ruby on Rails
- Ability to manage both infrastructure and application tuning processes.
- Proficient with Varnish, and knowledge of Apache or Nginx.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of CPU utilization, memory, throughput and latency.
- Demonstrated ability with refactoring code.
- Knowledge of web protocols, networking and Linux systems.
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel.
- SQL or R skills for data mining.
- PHP, Perl, Python programming experience is a big plus.
- Prior experience in a Performance Engineering role in a large scale environment.
- A minimum of 3 years with test automation.
- Experience with operating system monitoring and tuning.
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla or other CMS is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience.
*It is DreamHost policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs