The CloudPassage DevOps team has an immediate opening for a senior Devops engineer with strong security skills. Located in SF office or remote. The Systems engineer will be part of a growing DevOps team at CloudPassage responsible for supporting and delivering our cloud security product.
This position’s primary role will be to support our internal company requests as it pertains to our cloud delivery infrastructure - handling security and compliance requests, supporting developers and triage of production system issues.
Come work in a high-energy startup environment, with a great company culture of hard work and teamwork. We're creating cutting-edge cloud security technologies, an exciting and booming field, and there's no one quite like us!
- Assist in maintaining information security practices and procedures.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot multi tier cloud applications (IaaS).
- Work with both internal and external groups to ensure systems are effectively integrated, configured, managed and supported in production.
- Respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions.
- Design and implement automation using Chef for orchestration of production and development systems.
- Deliver project milestones and tasks assigned by manager on schedule, communicating progress regularly.
- Author and update high-quality documentation.
- Remain current on trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies and deliver improvements.
- Communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
- Additional systems administration duties as required from a fast growing Internet security company.
- May require evening and weekend work as needed to support business.
- Minimum one (2) years experience in supporting high availability multi-tier web applications using cloud products (IaaS).
- Minimum one (2) years experience working with a IaaS vendor such as: Amazon Web Services, Rackspace cloud, GoGrid, Terremark.
- Minimum one (2) years experience using Chef or Puppet to orchestrate server deployments and configurations.
- Minimum one (2) years experience using common systems monitoring tools such as Nagios and Munin.
- Minimum two (2) years experience supporting Linux in production environments. CentOS prefered.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working with unix firewalls, access controls and disk encryption.
- Experience working with information security compliance programs such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP and PCI are a big plus.
- Strong understanding and practical hands-on knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Understanding and practical hands-on knowledge of database systems. Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis and Memcache are preferred. Cassandra experience is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with agile software development lifecycle including source control systems (e.g; Git), ticketing systems (e.g; JIRA) and managed workflows.
- Other wins in your court are experience with New Relic, SumoLogic, Splunk, nginx, Graphite and statsd.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to nail down tricky problems. Should be used to isolating things down to find root cause.
- Familiarity with scripting languages. Coding experience with Ruby is a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively convey messages via presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
CloudPassage addresses the number one inhibitor to cloud adoption – security. We provide server security products purpose-built for dynamic public and hybrid cloud hosting environments.
Cloud infrastructure is highly dynamic. Virtual servers are cloned, migrated, and cloud-bursted. The company's award winning Halo platform is a security SaaS offering that operates seamlessly across public, private, and hybrid cloud environments and can even be used on physical servers. Halo bridges the gap between traditional perimeter-oriented datacenter security and security in dynamic cloud environments.
Halo unifies multiple important security capabilities into a single centrally-managed solution. Current product features include dynamic cloud firewalls, software vulnerability assessment, configuration security monitoring, server account administration, file integrity monitoring, two-factor authentication, event logging and alerting, REST API access, and more.
CloudPassage was founded in early 2010 by security experts with decades of technology experience including the development of early virtualization security solutions. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, CloudPassage is backed by Benchmark Capital, Tenaya Capital and other leading investors.