WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Grasswire is a real-time newsroom that's curated and fact-checked by everyone. We're funded by our dream team of investors, and work remotely -- spread across the United States (New York, Utah and San Francisco). We're turning the news entirely over to everyday people, and we want you to join us.
We're looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our small but world-class team in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
Sorry, we're not hiring contractors, shops, agencies, or anyone outside of the United States at this time.
What We're Looking For
- Experience writing jQuery
- Hard-working self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Git
- Proficiency with Chrome Developer Tools
- Passion for doing things the right way -- a defendable opinion on what comprises the "right way" is a major plus
- Passionate about freedom of information
- Experience with Play Framework or other MVC frameworks
- Experience with Java or Scala
- Experience building real-time software
- Experience with SASS
- Discerning between Arial and Helvetica
What Your Day Will Look Like
- Brief meeting to sync with rest of team (call it scrum if you must)
- Go off and crank on your own project, checking in with other team members throughout the day
- Reach out to other team members whenever you're stuck
- Participate in code reviews with the senior web developer
- Competitive salary
- No more commute
- Unlimited vacation time/time off
- Ownership of a product that is used by thousands daily
- Working with a team of (we think) smart, driven individuals
- Stock options
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs