We are looking for an experienced sysadmin to scale an awesome international team. That's a posting for outside the USA, only remote. Right now the team consists of 4 great admins and we have a lot more work :)
Some background about our team and you:
- We don't like bureaucracy. You are allowed to discuss any issue with any from the team including our CEO
- We push changes live a few times a day.
- The tasks you would work on may be quick and simple or very long and complex.
- Our setup is about 100 servers in total. A few instances for mongo, mysql, redis, light frontends with nginx/varnish, heavy backends with uwsgi and django, a pool of servers for celery, EdgeCast cdn, etc. The servers are in AWS in 2 datacenters and 3 zones.
- It's highly encouraged to show initiative and suggest new ideas. We understand that business goals come first but we try to keep our code clean
- Your biggest responsibility as a sysadmin is communication.
- You care about how your work and attitude affects those around you. I mean really care. If you hurt someone, it hurts you. Everything you do runs through this filter.
- Everyone knows that when you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability.
- You are humble enough to bend to the will of the tools, technologies, constraints, and people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. In other words, you can play by someone else’s rules when that’s the easiest and/or best thing to do.
- You make pragmatic (often boring) technology choices at work and you play in your free time. You don’t build science projects just because you are smart enough to build them.
- You are confident enough that you don’t have to prove to anyone what a great sysadmin you are, and therefore…
- You don’t mind being the one that looks bad when you deserve it. You make mistakes sometimes, because you’re human, but rather than dwell on them you choose to fix and then learn from them.
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers.
- Our backend, slicing and frontend teams are always happy to help
- We offer paid vacation, paid sick days and local holidays in your country
- You have flexible working hours when it's most comfortable for you
Skills & Requirements
- experience with AWS
- dealing with mysql, mongodb, redis, uwsgi, nginx, varnish
RebelMouse is a revolutionary new way for content creators to reach, engage and grow their audiences. With its fully integrated suite of mobile and web authoring, feed management, visual presentation, and content distribution applications, RebelMouse empowers Rebels ranging from leading brands and media companies to individual artists and authors to let their content roar.
Founded by Paul Berry, former Huffington Post CTO, RebelMouse was chosen as one of the Best Startups of 2012 by Business Insider. We have a talented team of developers, most of whom work remotely from the office, and are passionate about moving fast while maintaining strong code quality.