We're looking for a talented and creative user experience designer with experience of creating enterprise solutions. If you're looking for the excitement of a start-up but without the risk we want to hear from you. If you're feeling stifled where you are and would like to shape the environment and products you work on, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for people with ideas and enthusiasm who can work on our nascent but proven products and help us build a fantastic development capability, leveraging the best technologies and techniques available.
Skills & Requirements
The UX Designer’s primary responsibility is to elaborate on software requirements and produce designs, documentation, HTML and CSS layouts for compelling and profitable enterprise applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, users and developers to turn functional requirements into user workflows, wire-frames and screen designs, with supporting documentation for efficient development.
- Make sure design elements are properly communicated and agreed with project stakeholders.
- Identify where existing application elements are confusing or inefficient for users.
- Ensure users are presented with a consistent interaction model, in line with current best practices.
- Design for developers to ensure user interfaces are maintainable and design elements reusable.
- Ensure screen designs are commercially realistic and can be built to time and budget constraints.
- Define the look and feel for web applications.
- Quality assurance of developed software to ensure that the user experience lives up to expectations and requirements have been met.
- Demonstrable experience of guiding the user experience design of complex software aimed at enterprise customers.
- Experience of managing conflicting requirements of project stakeholders and effectively communicating decisions.
- Expertise in HTML, CSS and related technologies.
- Knowledge of UI development frameworks, such as Twitter Bootstrap and JQueryUI.
- Knowledge of current UX best practices, including using a Lean approach to UX development.
- Ability to create and communicate a UX framework that can be applied across consistently across a modular product line.
- Ability to source and create graphic elements, to provide a polished, balanced user experience.
- Understanding of AJAX and MVC design patterns and their impact on development and UX.
- Good degree, post-graduate qualification and or evidence of rapid career progression.
- Experience of web-based user interface development using MVC.
- Experience of UI/UX design for desktop and installable apps.
In addition,candidates will be expected to have:
- The ability to see beyond an individual requirement to focus on the underlying business objectives.
- Enthusiasm, tenacity and a desire to deliver great work.
- Exceptional communication skills, including written and spoken English.
- A working day that overlaps with normal UK working hours.
Remuneration: Competitive, depending on skills and experience.
IT Governance Ltd is a fast-growing, single-source provider of books, tools, training and consultancy in the information security, IT governance, risk management and compliance field. With are a successful business that operates in a dynamic and international marketplace.
Our headquarters are based in Ely, but we have a global reach thanks to our international and multi-channel e-commerce operations. Our aim is to be leaders in what we do; we value commitment, encourage creativity and reward achievement.
Vigilant Software is the wholly owned subsidiary of IT Governance Ltd. Its aim is provide an internal development capability for IT Governance Ltd and to create and deliver superior risk management tools and accessories, making it the premier risk management brand within the international information security management arena.